Santa Fe Public Schools Approves New Contract for Hilario “Larry” Chavez
The SFPS Board of Education approved a three-year contract of Superintendent Hilario “Larry” Chavez to begin on February 1, 2023, and expire on February 1, 2026. Mr. Chavez’s current two-year contract extension was set to expire on June 30, 2024. Beyond the extension, the provisions of the original contract remain in place.
Some of Superintendent Chavez’s areas of focus for 2023-24 include:
- Increasing innovation in a variety of arenas, including social and emotional well-being, teaching and learning and community engagement.
- Strengthening and expanding community schools, including support for out-of-school-time programs, in partnership with community and government entities.
- Enhancing the teaching and learning experience for students and staff.
- Streamlining processes to provide support and resources for school sites across the district.
- Improving SFPS’s financial position.
- Soliciting feedback from students, families, and the community to ensure their voices inform decision making.